Thursday, February 3, 2011

Who would have thought.....

Hmm ok so if we have a dodgy back or feel out of place we go to a chiropractor to get crunched and then feel a lot better...so what if an animal is out of sorts....

To be honest it is something that never really crossed my mind...I mean....I just didn't think that a horse could be "out" so to speak. But apparently they do and why not, they have bones and muscles just like us. It can be caused my a roll or a kick or by playing in the paddock..

So what has brought this on, well my daughters pony has not been very forward and really just doesn't want to canter, its quite a battle. A number of people commented on how short stepped she is in the front in a trot as well. I had noticed that lately, but couldn't put my finger on what why.  After discussions etc we all put it down to the saddle not fitting correctly.I also noticed that her right shoulder muscle is much more defined that the left, too much in fact.

Anyway,  on a pony camp the other week it was pointed out that the pony may have her hip out. My daughter did a lot of riding and when she cantered and jumped the pony looked terrible.The more riding she did the more awkward the pony looked, just not right.  But she didn't complain being a lovely sweet pony she is, but we turned her out for a bit anyway after that.

So we are booked for the pony to see a crunch man, not sure what his official name is but he sorts out hips backs etc for horses. I have since heard a lot about this guy from various people who are raving about him. However the jury is still out until i have seen his work . But i really hope it works and my daughter can again have fun on her pony.....

No comments:

Post a Comment