Thursday, August 26, 2010

R.I.P little Tazzie


"TAZZIE"

If tears could build a stairway,
And memories could build a lane,
I'd walk right up to heaven
And bring you home again....


The day i dreaded finally came.... my beloved companion of 11 years went to the rainbow bridge. She was going down fast over the last few days but I hoped that she would bounce back again, as she has done in the past. But a phone call from the vet with her blood results confirmed a complete shut down of her liver....she had a day or two if that. So i made the decision there and then that she wouldn't suffer.

I knew that "that" day would come, but i had hoped we had a least till xmas and another summer with her. The kids spent a few hrs with her after school as did I. Then i took her to the vet. I have had animals put down in the past but this was the hardest....

Taz was a great little dog with a passion for tennis balls. Right from an early age she would want to play ball. You would throw the ball and she would bring it back for you to throw again ...and again...and again...she never wanted you to stop. It got to the stage that at times we would hide the balls. At first we threw it into bushes thinking she wouldn't get it...but then she would appear with it...she had a great nose for sniffing. So then the kids started putting them in trees. Sometimes she would jump up and get them but we did have lots of trees around the garden with balls in them LOL.

Some saying will always be tazzie sayings...

"Go find...go find the ball...wheres the ball.."

"Wheres they go...Wheres they go"

" Tazzie wazzie woo"

I do feel lost without my sidekick with me....who will come and check the post with me....who will keep me company when i go for a walk ....who will go to the river with me... I had a good 11yrs with her and we had fun, one day we will be together again im sure..


RIP my best friend

No comments:

Post a Comment