Thursday, January 14, 2010

Now im a doofus!

Ok we went out yesterday and got back home quite late. I had totally forgotten that I had left the covers outside...well....what happens....this morning its raining and cold and my two oldies were shivering. Covers were soaked right thru, so I wasn't quite sure what i was going to do.

Thinking cap on....firstly I put the big old guy in the barn with some hay, so he was happy. Then i found my old shetland cover. Ok so I have a Shetland size cover that some how had to fit on my 11.2hh pony. Hmmm not rocket science it isn't going to fit. But i plonked it on her back anyway and gave her some hay . She warmed up quite quickly and it stayed on for quiet some time. I decided she will have to go into the barn to, even though she absolutely hates it.

As for the others, well they just have to tough it out im afraid..after all its supposed to be summer not Winter!! I do need new covers for next winter, but dont have the cash at the moment to go and buy them now.

This weather is very frustrating, I really wanted to ride Harry over the hills this week!!! I bet that when the kids go back to school, the sun will shine and the thermometer will rise LOL...Suppose i can wait until then, its only 3 weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment