Sunday, January 31, 2010

Slow Slow recovery...

I am so over this weather, one day its 29 degrees hot hot then next day its absolutely pouring down for days. Poor horses.. covers off, covers on.

Had vet up again for my boy and more antibiotics for his infection. I hate needles so its a challenge to say the least! But each day I think hes getting better. So much for my summer riding though.... Hmm i guess im getting fit with all the mucking out of stables i'm doing LOL!

My old Ginga Ninga isn't to happy neither and i'm seriously thinking that I have to make the big decision in a few weeks. I was going to do the deed last winter but he perked up really well. Kids are back at school in a few days, so that will make it easier. Im so dreading making the call...

Actually its not been a great start to 2010 for my animals. Ive lost 2 chooks, they are quite old, infact im sure they were over 11yrs! I didnt think chooks lived that long. They just died in their sleep, way to go I think, but they had a good life.

One of my goat keeps getting a foot infection, probably due to the wet weather, and he hates getting his foot stuff on. So I get dragged around the yard...but i win...well most of the time. Oh for a little goat stall..

I then noticed one of my sheep got pink eye, was blind for a bit, so I put the antibiotics in and she coming right now. Just got to round the rest up and check them.

No comments:

Post a Comment